Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I published "Stalker" two months ago and it met with sales and accolades beyond my expectations, reaching as high as #9 on the horror bestseller chart.

Now comes "Wrong Number."

Product Description
It was the right person, but the wrong number to call.

Brad Mullen found the phone number on a cocktail napkin outside a "meat market" bar. On a whim he dials the number, connecting him in ways he could never have imagined with a woman named Julie.

Things move fast, culminating in sex in a local park. Trying to slow down the breakneck pace, Brad eases off a bit, but Julie doesn't like that at all. She burrows into all factions of Brad's life--invading his work and telling him to stay away from other women and even his best friend.

Julie's suffocating Brad. But that's nothing compared to when the handcuffs, knife, and tire iron come out.

Have any of you felt the need to "warn" readers of something? My sequences would be in any other published book on the shelves in 2009, but they are a little graphic in places. Just wondering...

Edited to make the pic much smaller.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Stalker was one of my favorite recent reads, so I've been waiting for this. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
just purchased both novels and look forward to reading them.  Strange ? and I apologize but any clue what the print length for each book would be.  I only ask because I keep a record pf what I read and include that if not no big deal

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stalker is 425 pages and about 109,000 words.

Wrong Number is 237 pages and about 51,000 words.

Hope this helped!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Started reading this one last night and is it a page turner. I was only able to read one or two chapters, but I read while i was on the chiropractors table and again at lunch. I didn't want my lunch hour to end. I am only 25% completed but I am looking forward to finishing the book. I don't know if I purchased Stalker or not but if I didn't, I see another purchase on the horizon.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Dave Dykema said:
Stalker is 425 pages and about 109,000 words.

Wrong Number is 237 pages and about 51,000 words.

Hope this helped!
thanks so much!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I finally got around to the sample last night and loved it! Was also a fan of Stalker, so I was excited to hear about this. Will be 1-clicking tonight for sure.

On another note, for some reason, I imagine the actor Justin Long as the main character in both of your books. ;D

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In an Amazon review of Wrong Number the reviewer wrote that I had a typo and some bad analogies. After checking it over, I found that they were right.

This is to announce the "corrected" Wrong Number is now up on the Kindle, complete with cover and table of contents (thanks Greg Banks!)

I finally got the price at $0.99 as well. When I first published this the whole "discount snafu" was just beginning, and it never took hold.

Also, CS, I'm not familiar with any Justin Long movies, but he does seem right.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, for God's sake! Ack! Ack, I say!

There's no way I would act. I used to be in my own super 8 movies when I was in high school. They are so embarassing now. Come to think of it, the themes in those and my current writing are about the same...

(Perhaps I should put them on YouTube)...???

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ed, you may want to check your copy and make sure it doesn't have weird characters in the paragraphs. (This goes for anyone).

My first version was fine, but then I wanted to change a couple things and uploaded a new version. That one has all the weird characters, for some reason.

I fixed it, after noticing it--months later--but if you want a good, clean copy email me and I'll email it to you.

wxtest16 @ hotmail.com is the way to contact me (minus the spaces).

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the Smashwords instructions stored off in my favorite places, but I still haven't found the time to get around to it. If I ever do, I'll drop a note.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a snippet from Wrong Number:

Chapter 16

Conflicting feelings struggled for my attention when I got home. I could tell Jermaine was a little disappointed that he got blown off so I could have another date with Julie, especially so soon after I told him I was avoiding her. He thought she was trouble. It was obvious with his snide remarks and attitude.
"You still didn't introduce me," he'd said when I returned to the table.
"It didn't seem like the appropriate time."
"I think your
dick
is in charge of your thought processes now, Mullen. You're hopeless. Look at the goofy hung-dog look you have on your face. She owns you."
It was funny he said that. I thought the whole affair with Julie what's-her-name was over-a memory. Apparently not. I turned my answering machine back on. Hiding either in my apartment or at work wasn't the answer. Julie was going to find me regardless. And while part of me thought that might not be such a bad thing, the more logical part of me wondered what I was getting myself into that was worth all this grief.
I pictured Julie getting ready for our date, buying a new dress and shoes to match. She primped herself in front of her mirror, pursing her lips together and proclaiming them kissable. She ran a brush through her hair and declared herself a knockout.
Brad Mullen is mine, she thought.
She owns you, Jermaine had said.
They were both right.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The price is soon to change on Wrong Number. It's not a huge jump--just $1.29 instead of $0.99--but if you want to get it at the cheap, cheap price, time is running out. It could be anywhere from a few hours to a couple days. With Amazon and their changes, you never know. So far the new cover and tweaked product description have shown up. Price is always last.

(I really had to fight myself to keep all the exclamation points (!!!) out of that post. I kept hearing that Monster Truck guy commanding "Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!")

1 - 20 of 52 Posts