Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
If I'm not mistaken John Grisham, like JK Rowling, is adamantly anti-ebook.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I guess its more important to him to see his name on paper than it is to make money. Tom Clancy finally came around maybe he will to.

G

·
Not to burst any hate balloons, but Grisham's agent announced (unofficially) in December that Grisham's books will start appearing in e-book format soon.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Not to burst any hate balloons, but Grisham's agent announced (unofficially) in December that Grisham's books will start appearing in e-book format soon.
No hate here! I just thought he was one of the "no e-books" crowd.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good, everyone should make their books available for e-readers. Even if (as the article states) ebook transactions only make up for 1% of the book sales, that's still 1% you're not getting by refusing to offer your book in an electronic fashion.

G

·
ProfCrash said:
I have a sneaking suspicion that e-books have grown well beyond 1% by now.
The article was from last Dec. 24, but his facts may have been a tad out of date. Possibly. *whoknowsshrug*

·
Registered
788 Posts
The article was written in December of 2008, though there's no way of knowing where the author pulled that number from.

I doubt that the percentage is much higher actually, because to read most e-books you have to own an e-reader, and they're not priced in everyone's range. Everyone can go to the book store and buy a paperback, but now many people in this economy can afford a Kindle?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have to say though, that I can get just about any Grisham book at my used book store on the five cent table.  That, for me, nullifies whether or not I can get any of his books on my Kindle; unless, of course, it is free or five cents. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
There is an article in the Wall Street Journal today.  John Grisham is close to wrapping up an agreement that will make all 22 Grisham books available in all e-book format, including kindle.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
sdrmartin said:
There is an article in the Wall Street Journal today. John Grisham is close to wrapping up an agreement that will make all 22 Grisham books available in all e-book format, including kindle.
Good to hear! (Not that I read much Grisham, but the more the merrier.)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
My reaction when I heard that Grisham didn't want to do ebooks was "why don't these authors want to sell more books?"  I guess he does.

As ebooks become more of a force, I think every one will come around...

Betsy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Mom2AshEmBella said:

Now if JK Rowling will come to her senses.....
What, JK Rowlilng is not interested in the Kindle version of her books?? :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts