Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings writers!

I am KC from Collateral Damage Studios.
We are an art studio that represent some of the best anime talents from Singapore.

Over the years, we have occasionally work with authors to create illustrations for their book covers & we would like to showcase them here. Our works tend to be used to YA fiction but we are open to working on illustrations suitable for other genres as well. On top of illustration, we can also handle the overall design of the cover from the typography to the layout. You can view a detailed breakdown of our working process here.

Fees-wise, we charge in the hundreds depending on how complex the final image will be.

Please drop us an email at [email protected] if you are interested in exploring how we can work together.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Dara England said:
Nice work. Sometimes customers ask me for anime covers and I don't do that style, so it'll be nice to have someplace else to recommend to them.
I've actually never been asked for an anime-styled cover, and I think it'd be fun. I don't think it would sell because as a customer I would avoid an ebook with a manga cover (if it wasn't manga) like a disease. BUT it would be fun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RonnellDPorter said:
I've actually never been asked for an anime-styled cover, and I think it'd be fun. I don't think it would sell because as a customer I would avoid an ebook with a manga cover (if it wasn't manga) like a disease. BUT it would be fun.
I wouldn't be surprised personally. Obviously, authors should consider their target audience before coming to a decision if they would like to hire us. Anime/manga styled of art is a niche that not everyone likes. But precisely because it is a niche, depending on your target audience, it might just be the one to capture their attention. If it helps my cause of getting my various artists hired, we can do a more generic cartoon style as well.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
komicer said:
I wouldn't be surprised personally. Obviously, authors should consider their target audience before coming to a decision if they would like to hire us. Anime/manga styled of art is a niche that not everyone likes. But precisely because it is a niche, depending on your target audience, it might just be the one to capture their attention. If it helps my cause of getting my various artists hired, we can do a more generic cartoon style as well.
WOW! Nice artwork! I didn't get a chance to glance earlier but I came back to check it out and it's really awesome! This is just coincidence but Oingo Boingo's 'Little Girls' popped up on my playlist when I went to the site and that's when I noticed that all I saw were little girls :p - then I scrolled down and saw the guy in the suit with the red material tied around his forehead. He's surrounded by too many gorgeous things to be looking that angry ha!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think the work on the site is incredible. When I was younger, I lived in Okinawa and anime style cartoons were all that I watched. I absolutely love that style of drawing. Now, I want to write a book that fits with that kind of drawing so I can contact you for a cover.

Must think of characters and a plot ...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just a brief update about a book cover illustration that we did for a German client. Not sure when the book will go into print though. The title is "Pikmo und Jianna - Der Sinn eines Lebens" and was drawn according to his description (with some input on our side).

We are currently available for commissions if you are looking for high-quality book illustrations (why restrict yourself to just the cover?) that will enhance the reading experience or attract the readers' attention. Visit our Facebook or website to learn more about us and the things we do.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Sigh. Where were you people when I wrote my light novel?

Sadly, I think I now have more cover art than the number of titles I'll produce in the next nine months, and I'm highly unlikely to perpetrate another ranobe, but I'll keep you folks in mind. You do some quite impressive work!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Berger Well... we are always here. Just that threads here tend to sink down pretty fast. To better keep track of us, just watch out for our activities as announced on Facebook.

We have done visual novels for another client, Anthony. You can find them on his website. And we have also done a fashion comic for MyFlashTrash before.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And we are back. Have been neglecting this place for a while.

We do anime-inspired artworks. Might not be everyone's cup of tea but if you are looking to attract young readers, we might just have the answer for you. Be sure to check out our portfolio here to see what we can do for you!

·
Registered
783 Posts
I love the Internet Explorer anime short. Saw it on several tech sites. Sent it around to people I know. I recognized the studio name but couldn't link it back mentally to this thread. Great work. By the way, the two illustrators I've worked with are both in Singapore. Must have a great art community there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep. We have a number of very good illustrators in Singapore. Under-appreciated but still... Currently considering the viability of expanding that short animation into something longer. Might be interesting.

If anyone is keen to explore ideas with us or work together, just drop us an email!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.