Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, Amazon breaks down Kindle categories with YA thrown in with children's chapter books.  One YA contacted me and complained that in his/her mind, young adult does not equate to children's chapter books.  Any ideas on how Amazon might be alerted to the fact that young adults might prefer their own category?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I don't know but I whole-heartedly agree. I look for books all the time for my teenage-daughter. She is far too old for "children's" books but not yet ready for "adult" selections. I would LOVE it if they had a YA section to make my search easier.

Has your friend tried tagging his/her books YA? I've used tagging to search for books as well. It's not the best solution but it does help some. The other thing I use is the YA community. It would be nice to have more ideas on that forum as well in Amazon. My best ideas for books came from here, however. This is the BEST forum for recommendations of all kinds in my opinion.

EllenR

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are many books tagged YA?  Also, which YA community forum do you use?  I would like to go there and read what is available.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I use the Amazon YA community. I'm sure there are others but I just pick up ideas there.

There are various tags but the most popular seems to be young adult (5300+) vs. YA (517) vs teen (1687).

Hope that helps,
Ellen

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Thanks for the info about the tags. I think there definitely should be a way to tell YA from children's chapter books.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Carol Hanrahan said:
Any ideas on how Amazon might be alerted to the fact that young adults might prefer their own category?
I would email [email protected] (or kindle2-feedback, or both). There is a teen section for DTBs, so you should let them know that you would like a similar section for Kindle books.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts