Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which do you prefer?  is there a specific reason

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hi Miss Misty!!  :D

I'd have to go with gmail just because it's like pollen...it's everywhere. It is great for migrating email addresses.  For example, my father had an ATT email account, and then he decided he didn't like ATT's costs, so he switched internet providers. He FRETTED over what was going to happen to his email, but with gmail I was able to import all his ATT email into his new gmail account before he shut ATT down.  Now, others may offer the same service, but gmail just made it easy.

My humble two cents.  :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
We use gmail at the literary agency I intern for and I LOVE the way it keeps track of 'conversations.' If no one changes the subject line, all the correspondence stays together as a running conversation. So, for example, if we request a manuscript, when they reply with it attahced, the query is still right there for a quick reminder. Very handy.

Rachel

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mamiller said:
Hi Miss Misty!! :D

I'd have to go with gmail just because it's like pollen...it's everywhere. It is great for migrating email addresses. For example, my father had an ATT email account, and then he decided he didn't like ATT's costs, so he switched internet providers. He FRETTED over what was going to happen to his email, but with gmail I was able to import all his ATT email into his new gmail account before he shut ATT down. Now, others may offer the same service, but gmail just made it easy.

My humble two cents. :)
Lol, Miss Maureen!!!!! your 2 cents means alot!!!!! :) have a wonderful weekend my Friend

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RachelAstor said:
We use gmail at the literary agency I intern for and I LOVE the way it keeps track of 'conversations.' If no one changes the subject line, all the correspondence stays together as a running conversation. So, for example, if we request a manuscript, when they reply with it attahced, the query is still right there for a quick reminder. Very handy.

Rachel
I do LOVE THAT about gmail which I'll probably continue with even though at times lately it really bugs me lol. any other opinions please share

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
One reason to consider not using Gmail -- though this might well apply to any web-hosted email solution, since none of them provide such service for free out of charity:

;D

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I love gmail because I also use google contacts, calendar, etc. It's nice to have everything integrated and synched together. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Over the years, I've used versions of Hotmail and Windows Live Mail, Yahoo! Mail, and Gmail, plus others which have fallen by the wayside and are long forgotten.

The MS products always seemed rather feature-barren and buggy. Gmail has the amazing threading and indexing features, plus tie-ins to other useful products. Yahoo! Mail has been a relative constant, though it's added more feature integration in recent years.

I'd say if you're unconcerned about your privacy and/or don't really care what Google knows about you, as an anonymous user, Gmail is the best choice. If that stuff makes you nervous, Yahoo! Mail isn't too bad and it's relatively stable.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Alain Gomez said:
Gmail. I've always liked the way it organizes your emails for you. Plus I use the calendar all the time. Buying an android phone was just the icing on the cake ;D
So true! I'd be lost if I had to go iPhone now. My phone is completely Googliphied! ;D

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
I have gmail and yahoo mail, but don't use the web interface for either. I use Apple's Mail.app. I also have a Me.com account, which I'm using more and more.

Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts