Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an email to Yahoo about this but I haven't heard back yet and thought I'd see if anyone here is suddenly having this issue too.

Starting this morning I cannot send emails with my Yahoo accounts on my Kindle (I use the native email app on the Kindle). I can receive Yahoo emails but not send them. I can send and receive Yahoo emails from other devices. I can send and receive emails on the Kindle using my gmail account.

I reset the modem. I powered off the Kindle and tried again. Nothing worked so I deleted the two ymail accounts to start over. Now, I can't even add my accounts back on my Kindle! I get an error saying "unable to safely connect to the server".

Any suggestions, other than wait for help from Yahoo?

·
5,974 Posts
It's hard to judge from what you say whether the problem is with the Kindle or with Yahoo and you've done the things we would probably suggest - restarting the Kindle and trying to reinstall the accounts.

The only thing I would ask is - did you restart the Kindle after you removed the yahoo accounts and before you tried to put them back on? It's a long shot but it could make a difference.

If you don't get any joy from yahoo, try ringing Kindle customer services - they're usually very helpful.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
omg, that worked! Thank you so much!!! If you were here I would bake you some cupcakes because I'm so grateful!  ;D

·
5,974 Posts
MINImum said:
omg, that worked! Thank you so much!!! If you were here I would bake you some cupcakes because I'm so grateful! ;D
LOL I'm glad that worked - so often it's just something simple that makes the difference. Mmmm... cupcakes! ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts