Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a KPW today at Best Buy. Everything looks  good except the pages are tilted, so it kinda makes me want to tilt my head to read (lol) if that makes sense. I did call Amazon and their sending me a new one. Other than the tilted pages I love it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
787 Posts
Amekatay said:
I picked up a KPW today at Best Buy. Everything looks good except the pages are tilted, so it kinda makes me want to tilt my head to read (lol) if that makes sense. I did call Amazon and their sending me a new one. Other than the tilted pages I love it. Has anyone else experienced this?

A friend of mine had that problem with theirs. Quality control on the PW has been a real mess. I hope your next PW works out. :)

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Yep, I know what you are talking about. My first PW had not only a very bright speck, but also the tilted pages. Its like the screen itself was put in crooked. I could see a black line that is outside the e-ink area and it tilted towards the lower right. The tilt measured about 2 mm. It was very noticeable. Meaning I measured with a ruler the distance of a letter on the left and again on the right and it came to 2 mm difference. 

The 3rd one, the one I kept has a slight tilt. But its slight enough not to bother me. I can see that same black outline just tilting up at the right. But probable more like 0.5 mm.

There was no way I could keep that first one. It drove me nuts.

Hope your replacement is better.  :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys Sparklemotion and Atunah. Good to know I'm not tripin. I thought about keeping it but it's very noticeable and would get on my nerves.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed, that the next one is a keeper. ;D

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I do believe that there are a LOT of good PWs out there.  People who are satisfied with their device are less likely to post that they are than people who are unhappy are.  I am perfectly satisfied with mine and haven't found the screen crooked or pink or anything else.  That being said, I think there have been a higher than normal number of problem Paperwhites when compared to other Kindles.  Which, as far as I know, were also made in China....

Betsy

·
Registered
93 Posts
My first one had faint discoloration on the screen; I returned it and the second one was almost perfect - there's just one tiny dead pixel right at the top that I can only see when I bring up the menu. Since it doesn't even show up when I'm reading, it doesn't bother me.  :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE....Replacement arrived today, still slightly tilted but much better. It's a keeper! ;D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Amekatay said:
I picked up a KPW today at Best Buy. Everything looks good except the pages are tilted, so it kinda makes me want to tilt my head to read (lol) if that makes sense. I did call Amazon and their sending me a new one. Other than the tilted pages I love it. Has anyone else experienced this?

Tilted screens on PW are fairly common, mine is a little tilted - something I have never had with my others Kindles (2, 3, 4 and 5). When I researched this it turns out there are many others with this PW issue as well.

I just let it be, but personally I've gone to reading on my $69 Kindle 5 now. PW is just too mixed bag quality and experience-wise.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts