Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up for a new debit rewards program with my bank a few months back, I earn points for every dollar spent.  Since I signed up right before I moved, obviously there were a great deal of expenses that go along with that. 
I finally earned enough points for the $100 Amazon gift card, it's on the way!  What a great deal, just for the money I'd spend anyway.  I already have most of it spent, of course on new kindle books!!  That made my day  ;D !!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Congratulations Jen! And good to see you again too!!! I have fond memories of that agonizing period last March when we were both in a huge group of people waiting 4-5 anxious weeks for Amazon to have more Kindles available to ship out. It turned out to be one time when the reality was even better than the anticipation.....I am still madly in love with my Kindle even after eight months. Ended up having to get one for my hubby as well because I am just too darn selfish to share. Enjoy all your new books!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Wisteria!
Glad to hear you're enjoying your kindle as much as I am.  It was an agonizing wait, but definitely worth it.  And I agree, the kindle way surpassed my expectations.  It took all of these 8 months to convert my fiance, he's now getting one for Christmas!!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Congrats Jen. When I bought my kindle, I open the Amazon card so I can get $30 discount. They had double the point for first 3 month so I used the card for every purchase. I got $300 cash back. I was so happy. :) 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Congrats Jen!! I have decided that all my Amazon purchase will be done through my rewards and Coinstar... I have also asked my family for Amazon gift cards. To control my purchasing, my motto is now "If you don't have a gift card balance, you can't buy a new book!"

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Angela said:
Congrats Jen!! I have decided that all my Amazon purchase will be done through my rewards and Coinstar... I have also asked my family for Amazon gift cards. To control my purchasing, my motto is now "If you don't have a gift card balance, you can't buy a new book!"
Good motto to live by...that one click business is dangerous :p

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am soo bummed! None of the Coinstars around me offer Amazon gift cards, so I can't get in on the extra $10.00 deal! And no stores carry the gift cards either. Apparently Amazon does not sell gift cards in Florida. -Back to the bank with my change and I guess I will have to buy gift cards that way. Bummer!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I'm going to start NOT using exact change when I pay for things, and putting the change I get back in my Amazon fund...

·
Registered
167 Posts
actually I do that with my bank book too. I round everything up (if its for example: 7.20 then I mark it as 8.00) and the extra that adds up then I use that for books too. It adds up over time.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm going to try the coinstar thing next week.  There's one in my area that does the Amazon gift card and I go past it every day. 

My Mom has lots of change, so I'm going to buy it from her and get the extra $10. 

1 - 12 of 12 Posts