Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now my first in series has disappeared off the search page on Amazon.com. The rest of the series displays as normal just number 1 has vanished.

What the hell is going on there lol?

·
Registered
334 Posts
I swear they're reprogramming everything at once. It's nuts. Everything's going wonky; people are complaining about not being able to actually purchase books.

·
Registered
462 Posts
THere is some sort of "programming" going on. Weird stuff. In my case, my books are showing with some strange "customers also viewed"  or are having rankings rise quickly...like for a couple of hours and then drop dramatically.

Plus for reviews I have 3 different numbers of reviews on the .com, .ca and co.uk sites. 

Lets not even talk about AMS ads!

Mark

·
Registered
118 Posts
Doesn't Amazon tend to get wonky around this time of year every year? Seems like the end of summer is when they decide to shake everything up. I've seen people complain about a wide variety of things, from Also-Boughts coming and going and moving around to the start point in ebooks being changed, usually at the cost of several pagereads being lost.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Weirdness is definitely afoot lately.

My example last week was browsing the Kindle Store, and I wanted to check something on my book page, so I just typed my exact book title and author name into the search window.

And the 50ish results didn't contain my book that should theoretically be a nearly perfect match. I got curious, so I tried some other titles and it was totally hit and miss about whether they'd be picked up anywhere in the results. The only place that worked consistently was using Books (not ebooks) and using the Advanced Search with the Title and Author fields filled in.

I just checked it again before writing this ... and no issues. Right there on the first page (surrounded by all the sponsored stuff of course.) <shrug>

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alhawke said:
Gareth, I see it.

Sometimes it's your ISP. Or, maybe it just got back up now?
It's been hit and miss all day whether it appears or not.

Since I've been home from work, however, it's been constant, thankfully.

I don't get, though, why they have to constantly mess with things. I'm sure they have some reasons, but the bugs are near constant these days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Gareth K Pengelly said:
It's been hit and miss all day whether it appears or not.
It's been this way for me for several days now. To me, messing with the search functionality is ridiculous. Do they want to sell books, or don't they?

I know, I know...they don't care.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My search result is actually better, most of the dragon shifter smut no longer shows up alongside my epic fantasy novel.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The UK Author Central site has a note that it is now updating regularly and that the historical rankings are being adjusted/reset.

So clearly something has been going on and I noticed my .com rankings are evolving hour by hour as though some backlog is being flushed into the system.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts