Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the old song? Well, for some strange reason, I have ended up with 11 ripe and over ripe bananas! I know I can make banana bread, but that will only use up three of them. Besides, I am not sure I am in a baking mood.

Anyone have good suggestions for what to do to use up multiple ripe bananas? Can I mash them up and freeze them for use in future banana breads?

L

·
Registered
677 Posts
Leslie:
mashed bananas freeze well. I mash them up and measure into freezer bags. Then when I want to make muffins or bread, I have them on hand and already measured.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lizzy said:
You could buy a monkey. :D
I was more thinking of a short term plan for today vs. a long term plan involving new pets...LOL

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like to add mashed bananas to mashed sweet potatos as a side dish.  

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I will be singing banana phone in my head all day now.  Thanks tec

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Leslie

I freeze ripe bananas and use them to make banana milkshakes, although that's not a terribly enticing idea right now when it's 30 degrees outside.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
The song that doesn't end...  Oh BJ, how could you do that to us.  I thought you like everybody here!  It won't leave my head now!

Even more off topic.
About the Banana Song, my daughter was in competitive dance for a number of years. There was one competition with an adult category where 5 adults dressed in clown costumes (sorry, Dori, no disrespect intended) holding fake bananas to their heads like a phone receiver dancing to that song.  And they were terrible dancers, they didn't do much beside sway back and forth and walk in a circle once in a while.  It was just painful to watch. 

G

·
kim said:
The song that doesn't end... Oh BJ, how could you do that to us. I thought you like everybody here! It won't leave my head now!
But it drove the Banana Phone song out of your head, didn't it? ;D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I hate bananas but love this punch. We like to freeze it in small containers so we can have a little at a time.
You can spike it with anything you want. ;)

Banana Punch

Make Syrup by boiling
4 cups sugar
2 cups water
Boil for 3 minutes
Add:
1 large can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 large can pineapple juice
1 small can frozen lemonade concentrate
5 ripe bananas blended

Mix with water called for on cans.
Freeze.
Take out 2 hours before serving.
Add ginger ale. Chunk it up like a slush.
serves 50-60 people.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts