Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started reading a new book at the library some months ago called Snoop; What Your Stuff Says About You by Sam Gosling. I didn't get very far into it (got busy at work and had to take work home with me for a few weeks) but I couldn't renew it because it was a new book (library policy). I checked on Amazon and it was available on Kindle...for $14.85.

I know Amazon did not promise "every" book would be $9.99 or less, but I had to think about whether I wanted to pay more than $10 for the book. I decided I had enough to read for the moment, and did NOT want to set a precedent for something that could be an eventual costly endeavor if I broke my $10 rule (I did it once...I can do it again...etc. etc. etc).

I still wanted to read the book, though, so I kept checking the Kindle Book Store. Today....success! The book is $9.99, and I didn't waste any time downloading it onto my Kindle. ;D

Moral of the story: Keep checking back, especially in this economy! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That's good to know. Thanks for the info, ER.

I'm still checking on the "T" book by Sue Grafton (can't remember the full title). The hardback has been out for over a year and the Kindle version is available for $9.99. The paperback has been available for pre-order for a month or so and is priced at $7.99. It will be released tomorrow. I am curious to see if the Kindle price drops when the paperback comes out.

L

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on keeping a watch for price drops.
There are a couple of books I would like but want them as low cost as I can get them,
I will continue to wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
273 Posts
T is for Trespass

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Eclectic Reader said:
I started reading a new book at the library some months ago called Snoop; What Your Stuff Says About You by Sam Gosling.
Hmmmm, sounds interesting. Is it good? Should I download a sample? Oh, who am I kidding? You know I'm going to do it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts