Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really low.

As usual, the chicken littles got up before the roosters. Blogging about this now, but thought I'd share my 7am graph.

People should wait a month to freak out. Or at least a week. Anyone pulling their works based on 12 hours or 24 hours of a new system reporting are making a knee-jerk reaction.

Keep in mind that Amazon's reporting is often based on PST. So in 4 hours, I have over 60% of yesterday's 24 hour haul. Without a new release.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Interesting, thanks for posting Hugh.

My book goes into select on the 18th of August, so all this will be the norm for me!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Interestingly, I had a strong peak in Sales yesterday - almost as if people were confused about the new changes as readers. Can't see how that can be, but it was my best Sales day in around 3 months!

But I agree - even if someone downloads a title on July 1 we'll only get paid when they actually read the pages.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Not freaking out (I drink instead) but definitely felt defeated today. On June 1 I decided to go all in with Select.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Same pattern here! Anyone else?
Thanks for posting. :)

·
Registered
796 Posts
I had an insane number of pages read for someone who just has two novellas in KU. It's got to be a glitch. And honestly, glitches are to be expected this early in a change like this. I fully support not making any broad sweeping assumptions based on data that is only a day or two old. Wait until the wrinkles are ironed out.

·
Registered
5,828 Posts
I'm not in Select, but sales were fine yesterday and they're really low so far today. From that I deduce absolutely nothing.

G

·
Hugh Howey said:
As usual, the chicken littles got up before the roosters. Blogging about this now, but thought I'd share my 7am graph.
Do you read what you write? There was a problem yesterday! Some are honest about it, some try to hide it with talk about a better tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Maybe I'm different from other readers, but I download a book when I find one I want to read. Then it just sits on my Kindle until I finish reading something else I've already started. If many are like me, books downloaded yesterday won't show any pages read for days ahead.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NoahPorter said:
It's not the slow reporting that's a problem, it's the $0.0057 per page of earnings.
FUD.

The pot is being split according to time spent writing and time spent reading. All the money is still going to authors. Your share is just based on something more fair than how you chunk up your novel or series.

The rest of my thoughts on the mass hysteria: http://wp.me/p6nPrM-8Wh

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
I was getting borrows, usually about 5 a day on average. I have a graph showing zero pages read. I hope that is a glitch, sigh.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NoahPorter said:
Agree to disagree.
Nah ... when people are objectively wrong, I don't agree to disagree.

KU 1.0 was broken.

KU 2.0 is an improvement.

And I love that Amazon is willing to iterate, listen to customer and distributor feedback, and make changes.

There should've been 50 threads on what Scribd did this week. And 2 about KU 2.0.

But ... marketshare. Rather than principle. And I get that, but all the arm-flapping is pure hysteria, based on nonsense. The only people getting hurt with 2.0 are those who were unfairly rewarded with 1.0.

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
R. M. Webb said:
I had an insane number of pages read for someone who just has two novellas in KU. It's got to be a glitch. And honestly, glitches are to be expected this early in a change like this. I fully support not making any broad sweeping assumptions based on data that is only a day or two old. Wait until the wrinkles are ironed out.
I hope it is a glitch because for the first time in forever there have been no sales for two days. I am very depressed.

1 - 20 of 573 Posts