Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and this time without a clear call to action, but let's ignore that.

I got barely edged out in yesterday's voting, but today, I'm up against Tammara Webber's EASY. Which is kind of an awesome book. Let's ignore the fact that it was originally indie published.

Vote for me--pretty, pretty please!

The voting is here: http://dabwaha.com/.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I don't understand this.  I don't mean to be rude, but is this a vote for saying your book is better than the one you are up against? If so, shouldn't only people who have read it vote? If it's book cover, I get it...but asking people  to vote without reading it isn't really fair if it's supposed to mean it's a better story.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Caddy said:
I don't understand this. I don't mean to be rude, but is this a vote for saying your book is better than the one you are up against? If so, shouldn't only people who have read it vote? If it's book cover, I get it...but asking people to vote without reading it isn't really fair if it's supposed to mean it's a better story.
It's definitely not a vote for which one is a better story--I think very few people will have actually read both books in any of the matchups that exist, especially since they're in wildly different genres?

It's a vote for which one should win.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Caddy said:
I don't understand this. I don't mean to be rude, but is this a vote for saying your book is better than the one you are up against? If so, shouldn't only people who have read it vote? If it's book cover, I get it...but asking people to vote without reading it isn't really fair if it's supposed to mean it's a better story.
It's a game using the Sports Fantasy matches, much like March Madness. Categories are seen like the names we give to divisions--Big Six, etc. It's all in fun but it also helps promote many books to readers who are playing the game, trying to win the big prizes offered by authors and publishers. So, to win, let's say, a Kindle, you actually pick books you think will take the BWAHA crown and to get what you want, you have to do your part voting and getting a bunch of people to vote for your choice. The challenge is--how good are you at picking? :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Caddy said:
I think it's just a fun game where you vote for whichever book/author you want to win. Whoever rallies the most fans wins. I don't think it's unethical to vote for whoever you want to vote for, whether or not you've read the books.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
OH, okay!  Cool!  I will try to jump on and vote for you later then...running behind for a luncheon.  Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts