Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have finally gotten my Kindle.  It arrived yesterday, and the cover today.  I didn't want to mess around too much with the naked Kindle, so today was the first day I carried it around.

Anyways, I took the Kindle out into the direct sunlight and didn't notice any fade.  Would I notice right away if there was a problem?  I left it sitting on the table in the direct sunlight for about 5 minutes.  It still looked amazingly crisp, no glare at all.  Do you think my Kindle is fine?

I can't wait to show it off!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wooo hooo!!!
Congrats on your new K2! So what are you going to read first? besides Kindleboards LOL

theresam

·
Registered
460 Posts
Congratulations, I think you're going to be very happy with your purchase. When mine arrived, I was thrilled.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
How exciting. I think you need to turn the page to see the fading. I would open a book and turn the pages to see if there is any fading. I didn't have any after about 10 minutes of direct sunlight, so maybe they have fixed the problem. :)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Congratulation on your new Kindle.  Turn the pages while the sun is shining directly on the screen, so that you can see the reflection of the sun in the screen.  If you have fading, you will notice it after turning several pages.  I hope you have good luck with it!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Congrats on the new toy! Have fun with it!  8)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congrats! Let us hear from you when you resurface, a new Kindle is wonderfully time consuming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts