Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, fellow Kindlers. I just wanted to say that this looks like an active and friendly community, and I hope I will be able to contribute to it a bit in the future. For now I'm still discovering the capabilities of my less-than-one-week-old Kindle 2 and quite enjoying it.

Should anyone actually care, my name is Charles, and "NogDog" comes from my best friend Noggin, a 10-year-old Australian Cattle Dog mix (probably some Pit Bull in there). I'm a moderator at the PHPBuilder.com forums, so I spend most of my free web time there, but I expect to drop in here from time to time to keep up on the latest Kindle news.

For any PHP geeks here, stop by my PHP Musings blog when you get a chance.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Charles - glad to have you here.  When we are not obsessing over our kindles we are obsessing over our furbabies!  So you will fit just fine.  We also have a thread in Not Quite Kindle for you to post pictures of Noggin>

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Charles! When you have time, check out The Book Corner. There you'll find Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. There is also a thread with additional sites for Book Lovers that you may find interesting. We also have an Accessories area with information on covers, skins, light and other items to personalize your Kindle. Then there is Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting for hints on dealing with your Kindle and Let's Talk Kindle where we discuss the Wide World of Kindle related ideas.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Charles!

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PS: Here's the real NogDog as he now appears on my Kindle screen-savers, thanks to this forum:

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
NogDog said:
PS: Here's the real NogDog as he now appears on my Kindle screen-savers, thanks to this forum:

Ahh! He's adorable! I love dogs. I spend a lot of time at the local dog park and haven't seen this mix. Welcome to the Board!

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
Ahh! He's adorable! I love dogs. I spend a lot of time at the local dog park and haven't seen this mix. Welcome to the Board!
I got Noggin when he was about 2 years old from the Vorhees (NJ) Animal Orphanage. They said he was an Australian Cattle Dog mix, but didn't have much more info. I suspect the other half is pit bull or else 1/4 pit bull, but that's only guesswork. (I'd say that about 1/2 of the dogs at the orphanage then were pit bulls or predominantly pit bull mixes.) Anyway, to get a sense of his "interesting" coloration, take a look at these photos.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome Noggin!  We're a CRAZY bunch here, but friendly!! ;D
jp

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Although in Pennsylvnia for work, I'm a 32 year Joisey Resident. First Sayreville, and now North Brunswick. So I say, "Yo welcome. You're gonna love it here."

Edward C. Patterson

1 - 19 of 19 Posts