Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't even have my Kindle in my hot little hands as of yet (it is on it's way). But you enablers are so bad, you enabled me without even knowing it!! There hasn't been a good Vera Bradley thread in a while, but as I went trouncing through the archives, trying to glean Kindle knowledge from all the wise folks here, on no, I had to trip into a Vera thread. And all you bad enablers were talking about how beautiful, how cheap (discontinues on sale), and how Kindle friendly these bags are! So of course I 'accidentally' clicked the Vera link and $122 later I have a Bowler bag, a Hipster bag, a wallet, a cosmetic bag, and a Mini Tic Tac bag. Oh and of course 2 day shipping because I must have the bags before my Kindle arrives on the scene!!

Tsk tsk you naughty enablers you.

For any one that hasn't seen the Vera thread I speak of here you go: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1943.0.html
I am not responsible for anything that happens after you click that link ....

*Ducks and runs away*

;D ;D

Rachel

(Amazon link: Vera Bradley bowler bags)

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Athenagwis said:
So I don't even have my Kindle in my hot little hands as of yet (it is on it's way). But you enablers are so bad, you enabled me without even knowing it!! There hasn't been a good Vera Bradley thread in a while, but as I went trouncing through the archives, trying to glean Kindle knowledge from all the wise folks here, on no, I had to trip into a Vera thread. And all you bad enablers were talking about how beautiful, how cheap (discontinues on sale), and how Kindle friendly these bags are! So of course I 'accidentally' clicked the Vera link and $122 later I have a Bowler bag, a Hipster bag, a wallet, a cosmetic bag, and a Mini Tic Tac bag. Oh and of course 2 day shipping because I must have the bags before my Kindle arrives on the scene!!

For any one that hasn't seen the Vera thread I speak of here you go: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,1943.0.html
I am not responsible for anything that happens after you click that link ....

*Ducks and runs away*

;D ;D

Rachel
I'm so ashamed........

·
Registered
117 Posts
Vera Bradley is located in the city I live in, last summer they did a photo shoot at one of the buildings I manage.  Anyway, this weekend is the annual clearance sale of the year!!  It takes place for three days in our Coliseum and it is wall to wall Vera!  It is unbelievable!!  There are so many people there sometimes you have to wait just to get in.  They will have everything from dog leashes to every purse, bag, luggage in all different patterns.  I know what I will be doing this weekend!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Athenagwis said:
Rachel
Beautifing the world one Kindle at a time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Saylorgirl said:
Vera Bradley is located in the city I live in, last summer they did a photo shoot at one of the buildings I manage. Anyway, this weekend is the annual clearance sale of the year!! It takes place for three days in our Coliseum and it is wall to wall Vera! It is unbelievable!! There are so many people there sometimes you have to wait just to get in. They will have everything from dog leashes to every purse, bag, luggage in all different patterns. I know what I will be doing this weekend!
All I can say is..................................I am SO glad I don't live there! And, I'm sure my dh IS thankful too! lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Googlegirl said:
All I can say is..................................I am SO glad I don't live there! And, I'm sure my dh IS thankful too! lol
It can be very dangerous . . . last year I bought bags of stuff for Christmas!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
OK, if we're doing confessions...I've managed to resist Vera as (1) I've always felt if I carried a quilted bag, it should be one I made, because I always have to explain to people that I didn't make it and (2) I'm not a big fan of paisley and (3) I'm more into the streamlined, clean accessories like my Levenger tote.

However...the posts on KBoards made me look at the bowler. I liked the shape and I was unlikely to ever make something that detailed. Eleanor the Kindle told me she wanted a girly bag to go with the new purple ROH I hadn't even ordered yet. I was at a store and found a non-paisley pattern "Purple Punch." So it's sitting here waiting for the ROH to arrive:

Betsy

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
OK, if we're doing confessions...I've managed to resist Vera as (1) I've always felt if I carried a quilted bag, it should be one I made, because I always have to explain to people that I didn't make it and (2) I'm not a big fan of paisley and (3) I'm more into the streamlined, clean accessories like my Levenger tote.

However...the posts on KBoards made me look at the bowler. I liked the shape and I was unlikely to ever make something that detailed. Eleanor the Kindle told me she wanted a girly bag to go with the new purple ROH I hadn't even ordered yet. I was at a store and found a non-paisley pattern "Purple Punch." So it's sitting here waiting for the ROH to arrive:

Betsy
The Purple Punch is my new favorite. Just the right amount of color. It goes great with the Purple Oberon.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a hipster and have used it to carry Baby in an oberon cover.  She fits very well and there is plenty of extra room for wallet, cell, keys, etc.  I also really like that it has an extra pocket in the front and that the strap is adjustable.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Saylorgirl said:
Vera Bradley is located in the city I live in, last summer they did a photo shoot at one of the buildings I manage. Anyway, this weekend is the annual clearance sale of the year!! It takes place for three days in our Coliseum and it is wall to wall Vera! It is unbelievable!! There are so many people there sometimes you have to wait just to get in. They will have everything from dog leashes to every purse, bag, luggage in all different patterns. I know what I will be doing this weekend!
We have tickets for Friday! I cant wait!!!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KimmyA said:
I've also been very interested in the hipster. When you get it, will you let us know how you like it?
I got it a few weeks ago (this is an older thread) and I really love all my bags. I did end up picking apart the handles on the bowler (like someone suggested) because they were a bit to stuff otherwise, but now I LOVE this bag. It fits everything perfectly!! I haven't had the chance to use the hipster too much, but so far I love that too. It fits the Kindle and a few other things really well, and it hangs nicely on the body. I am very happy with my purchases!!

Cheers!
Rachel

1 - 20 of 63 Posts