Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...well just be thankful you're not five. My daughter came home from school today and told me she'd had to write a blurb for a Meg and Mog book for World Book Day. Poor thing. Still, I'll have a look when she's finished and if it's any good I might suggest she offer her services here. ;D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Holy cow, I used to read Meg and Mog when I was a wee lass. I just realized all my favorite childhood books were British ...

I also agree with Carina that your daughter's blurb is bound to be better than my efforts.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Meg is just an ordinary, working witch, struggling to overcome a run of bad spellcasting. Ostracised by all except Owl, and struggling to control the occult forces that are her birthright, she strives to reconcile her life as a witch with her needs as a woman. With only her loyal familiar, Mog, for company, she embarks on an epic broomquest into the past, hoping to find answers to the questions that torment her. Will Meg recover the self-belief she needs to channel the daemonic realm, or will her own powers consume her as she battles for Mog's eternal soul? Find out in THE MEGROMANCER, part one of the Chronicles Of Meg!

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Flopstick said:
Meg is just an ordinary, working witch, struggling to overcome a run of bad spellcasting. Ostracised by all except Owl, and struggling to control the occult forces that are her birthright, she strives to reconcile her life as a witch with her needs as a woman. With only her loyal familiar, Mog, for company, she embarks on an epic broomquest into the past, hoping to find answers to the questions that torment her. Will Meg recover the self-belief she needs to channel the daemonic realm, or will her own powers consume her as she battles for Mog's eternal soul? Find out in THE MEGROMANCER, part one of the Chronicles Of Meg!
I desperately want "epic broomquest" to be a real thing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Flopstick said:
WHAT?

·
Registered
549 Posts
SevenDays said:
I desperately want "epic broomquest" to be a real thing.
Well, you're welcome to come and clean behind my cooker... :p

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Flopstick said:
I will so swap hers for this one if I get the chance. I'd love to see her teacher's face. ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Flopstick said:
So...you gonna write it? :p

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Flopstick said:
I'd read it.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
donna callea said:
Your five-year-old can read and write? Wow. I'm impressed.
Well, a bit. Green Eggs and Ham rather than Anna Karenina in the original Russian. ;D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts