Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since my free run of The Bullet List I have accumulated 13 reviews on amazon, and 2 on GoodReads. Now, it is the amazon reviews that have me shaken. People either really hate my book or really love my book, there really isn't an Inbetween. The problem with this is that the reviewers who love my book seem to gush a little too much. It has lead other reviewers to believe that every one of my 5-star reviews are fake! Of course, I know this is not the case! It is a shame that you can't pick your reviewers, and you can't ask them to not gush or describe what made your book "amazing" in great detail. I wish there was a way to validate my 5 star reviews to potential readers.

·
Registered
855 Posts
They are verified purchased review and look genuine to me.
You picked a very controversial subject so you should not be surprised you get violent reactions.
Furthermore your one star has only written 3 reviews all together so it's not like she's setting a trend.
Chin up you're doing well.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
How many threads do we really need to discuss the reviews of ONE book?

My professional advice to you:

Quit worrying about your reviews, cover, story, the opinions of the people on this board, etc. It's done. You've published.

Go work on your next book.

If there is anything about your first release that you wish you had done better/differently, then apply that knowledge to your next book.

·
Registered
178 Posts
To be fair Nikki - get over it and move on :)

It's out there now as a product, everyone is allowed their own opinion on that product.

Move on and get writing that next book!!

You will gain time and knowledge along the way!

·
Registered
333 Posts
After awhile you learn to accept that not everyone will like your book (although it does take some time and tears). It's important that you see that those four and five star reviewers are your audience. Those are your fans. The people you will write for in the future. They get you. They want to read more from you. Focus on them and start writing something else to make them happy.

Also, I wish someone told me to set up a mailing list as soon as I published the first book of my series. Mailchimp is so easy and it really helps if you put it up on your website and link it on your Amazon author page. Make it clear you will only send out new release newsletters and you'll get a nice following for your next book.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Quit worrying about your reviews, cover, story, the opinions of the people on this board, etc. It's done. You've published.

If there is anything about your first release that you wish you had done better/differently, then apply that knowledge to your next book.
This.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
nikkarina said:
So, since my free run of The Bullet List I have accumulated 13 reviews on amazon, and 2 on GoodReads. Now, it is the amazon reviews that have me shaken. People either really hate my book or really love my book, there really isn't an Inbetween. The problem with this is that the reviewers who love my book seem to gush a little too much. It has lead other reviewers to believe that every one of my 5-star reviews are fake! Of course, I know this is not the case! It is a shame that you can't pick your reviewers, and you can't ask them to not gush or describe what made your book "amazing" in great detail. I wish there was a way to validate my 5 star reviews to potential readers.
I thought that this subject was exhausted but as you have once again breathed life into it put it up for comment I will correct one of your claims. People aren't claiming that your reviews are fake because of the "gushing", several have made that clear. While I don't say that your book is bad - it seems ok with some provisos - it isn't "gushworthy". In one review mention is made of your student status - something no one could know unless they knew you. Several of the reviews are from people who have only reviewed one book in their brief Amazon review career - your book. (Starting from the day it was released.) Add all this together and you have grounds for reasonable suspicion. Maybe they are all one hundred percent genuine, it is not impossible - just improbable.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lynn McNamee said:

Amen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts