Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm not done reading it yet, but I burst out laughing at this: 

"Influence from other members can also be seen in discussions of accessories for the Kindle, i.e. covers and book lights. "

That is putting it mildly!  Betsy draws you into the accessories board and everyone else tells you how much you need skins and covers.  The peer pressure to conform is so intense!  :)  ( I love my fellow enablers!)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Good job...thanks for sharing! Makes this sound like a great place...which I know it is. But thanks for the positive reinforcement.

L

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Hope you get  a A on your paper. I enjoyed reading your take on KindleBoards.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gertie Kindle "Turn to Page 390" said:
I downloaded and saved it to read later. I know it's going to be good. I've been discussing Jamie Outlander with you for months.
Thanks Gertie. I think you had it right the first time. :D

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Thanks for sharing your results, TL.  I thought it was interesting to note the numbers of "participating" members vs. lurkers.  I would be also interested to know whether the percentages stay the same even as the board increases in numbers or if more participate as the circle of "friends" grows.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
^ Yes, that will be interesting to watch. My impression, from talking to people who run very large forums, is that the proportion of active posters to light posters is typically very small, and the proportion of registered members to visitors is also very small.

So, for every active poster, we have several hundred light (or zero) posters, and for every light poster, we have several hundred visitors who do not register. Which is okay; hopefully they're all getting value and enjoyment out of the board at whatever level each is choosing to engage.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
kim said:
I'm not done reading it yet, but I burst out laughing at this:

"Influence from other members can also be seen in discussions of accessories for the Kindle, i.e. covers and book lights. "

That is putting it mildly! Betsy draws you into the accessories board and everyone else tells you how much you need skins and covers. The peer pressure to conform is so intense! :) ( I love my fellow enablers!)
Moi? I'm just an innocent KindleBoards moderator...

"Will you walk into my parlor?"
Said a spider to a fly;

Betsy

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Moi? I'm just an innocent KindleBoards moderator...

"Will you walk into my parlor?"
Said a spider to a fly;

Betsy
Tee Hee! That's the "Pimp Your Kindle Parlor", right?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts