Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(There was a previous thread like this, but its 3 years old.)

You know you're a writer when you walk into McDonalds and catch yourself ordering an egg McGuffin. (I actually did this last week)

You know you're a writer when you finally go read all those "new book idea" emails you send yourself, and count up 23 in the last few months. Good thing only 15 of them are series.

You?

·
Registered
638 Posts
You know you're a writer when you start cleaning the room before you sit down to write.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You know you are a writer when your in your writing class on campus, you have an idea so you start to write it out on your phone before you forget. Then your professor asks you what are you doing so you tell them, and she understands as a fellow writer and lets you continue.

My professor is so awesome! :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
when your school district closes on the first day of deer season?  Oh, that was a different one.

You know you are a writer when you can't watch a movie without dissecting the purpose of each scene and you have to stop telling whoever you're with.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You know you're a writer when the house smells like fire because you were writing instead of watching the pot on the stove...

You know you're a writer when someone is talking to you, and after five minutes you space in and say, "Sorry, what? I was thinking about my characters."

You know you're a writer when you pass by a shoe store and say to the person next to you, "My character would totally wear those sneakers."

Lame, but I tried! :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
You know you're a writer when: you email yourself a copy of the latest updates to the story you're writing and then spend a whole bus ride to your destination reading it over on tiny your iPhone screen to make sure it flows properly.

·
Registered
384 Posts
You've rewritten the same sentence ten times and still think its not right. This might belong in the "you know you've got OCD when" thread or is that one in the same?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
You go to places like Starbucks simply to sit there and listen to the conversations around you; they help create that ear for dialog, and make for some terrific blog fodder.  ;D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
... You find bits of paper with plot points and ideas scribbled on them folded up in your coat pockets about a week after finishing the novel.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
You know you're a writer when you consider getting a root canal for the experience, just in case one of your characters needs one sometime.

(Yes, I considered it.  No, I didn't do it!)
:D

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've got another one to add because I really just did this.  You know you're a writer if you've ever tried to play alsobots on Words for friends.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Anotherdreamer said:
You've rewritten the same sentence ten times and still think its not right. This might belong in the "you know you've got OCD when" thread or is that one in the same?
Or when you've rewritten the same sentence ten times and realize it's back where it started.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I knew I was a writer when I realized I didn't want to tell people I was a writer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dee J. Stone said:
You know you're a writer when the house smells like fire because you were writing instead of watching the pot on the stove...
[...]
OT, but you know you're reading WC too much when Dee's post reminds you that your pot of uncookable split peas is still on the on the stove and out of water. :eek: But only 5% burned -- thanks to Dee. (The WC taketh away my writing time, but giveth me 95% unburned dinner.)

You know you're a writer when you can no longer write or speak without a debilitating loop of self-editing. You know you're a bestselling author when you can relax because someone else is fixing everything you say and write.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts