Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • The pain ointment commercials on t.v. are interesting and you comment to your wife - "we need to try that..."

The average college student you talk to doesn't know who the Muppets were OR Fraggle Rock!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Fraggles are also Jim Henson, but an 80s show on HBO, I do believe.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
When you're bopping along to a favorite song from high school, only to find you have on the oldies station.

When the guy from Bosom Buddies has been a serious actor for so long that a lot of people don't remember him any other way -- and now his son is a successful actor, too.

You see a gray haired man on a soap and you remember when he was the teen-aged heartthrob on that same show. Now his sons get all the action, and people come to him for his wisdom.

This happened to a friend of mine, yeah, that's right, a friend of mine. Standing in an aisle at Target and a young woman in her late teens to early twenties asks me my friend what will get ketchup off a wall. I My friend offers advice only to be told she figured I she would know since I she look like the motherly type. My friend's next stop was the Oil of Olay aisle. Hey, my friend still gets carded (when the restaurant or bar is dim.)

You want to use the three smallest fonts on the Kindle but since you want to be able to actually read the stupid book, you select the one of the three biggest ones.

You find yourself in a glass elevator across from the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, see a giant image of teen girls on the gigantic screen, and ask who are The Cheetah Girls. Three women younger than you say in chorus, "You don't have young kids, do you?" The question is rhetorical.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You are offered the senior's discout at a restaurant...and you take it.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Jobs where they offer senior discounts are no win. You don't want to ask people how old they are or assume, but Lord help you if you charge someone full price who is eligible.

TAKE IT AS A COMPLIMENT, YOU OLD BIDDY!!

Sorry, flashback.

·
Registered
690 Posts
intinst said:
A friend of mine (yes, literally a friend of mine) actually had this happen to him recently. He's older than me but I don't know his actual age, but he doesn't look like a "senior" at all. And, yes, he did take the discount.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
MichelleR said:
When you're bopping along to a favorite song from high school, only to find you have on the oldies station.
Or, my variation...every time I go into Hannaford's (our local grocery chain) Steely Dan is the music playing overhead.

You want to use the three smallest fonts on the Kindle but since you want to be able to actually read the stupid book, you select the one of the three biggest ones.
Yup, this could be me.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
intinst said:
I figure if anyone is offering it to me I will take it - I can't help that they think white/silver hair is senior ;D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
..playing WII with your grandchildren and when puting in the year you were born they gawk at you like you are the oldest person in the world. You have to love them.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
At your annual checkup, the Dr starts the conversation with "At your age..."

I switched doctors.  I was only 35 and not quite ready for a geriatrics talk. (that was a while ago, I wish I was still 35)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had to explain to the girl next to me at work who Mr. Ed was..... :-\

·
Registered
361 Posts
wilsondm2 said:
  • The pain ointment commercials on t.v. are interesting and you comment to your wife - "we need to try that..."

The average college student you talk to doesn't know who the Muppets were OR Fraggle Rock!
I loved the show Fraggle Rock.... :D....I got some of the dolls for Christmas one year-Red and Mokie! I still have them, in some closet.
kjn

1 - 20 of 52 Posts