Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you're at the indexing of your home page and everything in Show and Sort is listed under titles.  You can press the first letter of the title to get to that section of your books without having to page to get there.  I have over 400 books so this is a shortcut for me.

Example: Press the letter T to get to the beginning of your books starting with the letter T.  Or press PR to get to the page with "Prayers for Rain".

·
Registered
195 Posts
Nope, I didn't know that! Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I keep mine listed by author and then hit the letter for the author to get me to atleast that letter. I have 28 pages so it makes it easier. If I want Nora Roberts I just 'R' and then I only have to flip one or two pages. It helps alot.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
soapy70 said:
I have 28 pages so it makes it easier. I have over 42 pages and pressing the letters does help.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Great tip I did not know.  Thank you, Avalon

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hold ALT and press T to get the time.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Avalon3 said:
Example: Press the letter T to get to the beginning of your books starting with the letter T. Or press PR to get to the page with "Prayers for Rain".
I knew about pressing the first letter, but I didn't know I could do more than one!

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Leslie said:
You can also press the numbers to go to a certain page. Just another tip.

L
And this works no matter how you have it sorted. . .only problem is when you get past 9 pages. I've tried typing 12 and it goes to page 1, then 2.

Ann

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ann Von Hagel said:
And this works no matter how you have it sorted. . .only problem is when you get past 9 pages. I've tried typing 12 and it goes to page 1, then 2.

Ann
I did manage to get to page 41. You have to hit the numbers quick. Otherwise I get number 4.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Avalon3 said:
I did manage to get to page 41. You have to hit the numbers quick. Otherwise I get number 4.
I. . . . guess. . . .. I. . . .. move . . . . too . . . . .slow. . . .I'll . . . . .try. . . . . . it. . . . . . . . again. . . .

;)
Ann

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
I. . . . guess. . . .. I. . . .. move . . . . too . . . . .slow. . . .I'll . . . . .try. . . . . . it. . . . . . . . again. . . .

;)
Ann
I have two fingers at the ready over the appropriate buttons when I do this (ie., my left index finger on 1 and my right index finger on 2). If I ever get past 101 pages, then I'll be in trouble.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
marianner said:
I have two fingers at the ready over the appropriate buttons when I do this (ie., my left index finger on 1 and my right index finger on 2). If I ever get past 101 pages, then I'll be in trouble.
If I got over 101 pages, I'd be in big trouble, and not just because I couldn't push the buttons fast enough!

L

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Leslie said:
If I got over 101 pages, I'd be in big trouble, and not just because I couldn't push the buttons fast enough!

L
LOL! I'd say the same, but I'm well on my way! I'm on page 33 now, and if I got all my free ebooks converted and downloaded, I'd probably come close to doubling that. I have addictions to both samples and to freebies!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:
You can also press the numbers to go to a certain page. Just another tip.

L
Thanks, Leslie! I knew about the letters, but not the numbers for the pages... now I can hit 1 to get back to the first page instead of the hitting the Previous Page button 30 times!! ;D

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leslie said:
You can also press the numbers to go to a certain page.
I new about pressing the letter (found it by accident). But I didn't know about the numbers. Thanks

There is such a plethora of knowledge here (I love the word plethora)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Awesome tip.  Thanks
debbie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts