Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo.... I desperately wanted a Kindle when they first came out.  Couldn't afford it.  Price came down. Still couldn't afford it.  Had a live sighting a month and a half ago. Really, really NEED a Kindle.  Now the Kindle2 is out and just as I suspected someone else desperately needed the new one and sold their old one for a price I could afford.  Yay me!  I have waited this long so I just said standard shipping is fine.  I'm dying here!  I thought I would prepare myself for my new Kindle by reading the information on Kindleboards.  That would surely take the edge off my increasingly manic behavior over the fact that I DON"T YET HAVE MY KINDLE (it's not due until Monday or Tuesday) 
You people are not helping me!  All you're doing is making more desperate to get the thing!  I'm about ready to find out in what part of the country the delivery truck is in and drive there myself! 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, jan! So glad to have you here.

Yes, the wait can be agonizing but this is a really good group to hang out with...we'll help you over the hump  ;D

L

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, the only place I am aware of where people with addictions come only to find that others make it worse.   ;)

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sorry your Kindle is taking so long to arrive.

Warning: As you may have already figured out from reading the messages on this board, for anyone who likes to read the Kindle can become addictive.  :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhhhh okay.  Deep breaths.  I have actually learned a lot here, but now I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT OUT!  

·
Registered
740 Posts
Welcome!  The same thing happened to me, but wait till you see the accessories board, you might lose your mind  ;D  Btw, do not visit the decal girl skins topic, that'll probably make you lose your mind for good  ;)  :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Decalgirl are you kidding?  I've already ordered one!  Other than that... I'm taking your advice and staying away from the accessory board.  Otherwise, I'll probably end up buying it it's own car or something!! :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome!  To distract you, we'll ask the following questions....answer in any way you see fit (but bonus points for interpretive dance):
1.  What books have you already bought?
2.  Do you have a cover yet?
    2a.  Is it Oberon?  Or Medge?
    2b.  If it's Oberon, what style and color?
3.  Have you bought a skin (or 5) for it yet?
4.  What books are on your to buy list?
5.  Are you familiar with coinstar?
6.  What about Hugh Jackman?
7.  Hibbing?  Have you?  Would you?
;D
We're glad you're here!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
If you look in the signature line, several of the board members have Enabler as part of the sig.We will help you with your addiction. Not to make it go away, but we will help make it worse. ;) While you are here, go to the Welcome page and introduce yourself, so we can get to know you better. Glad to have you with the rest of us Kindleholics. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
ProfCrash said:
I think some of those sigs should be more specific "Accessories Enabler" "Book Buying Enabler" "Bacardi Jim Enabler"
Point taken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay Robin,
1. What books have I already bought?  I didn't know I could buy them before I had a Kindle to put them on!! Is this true?  Now I know what I'm going to do this weekend!!
2.  My Kindle is coming with an M-Edge brown leather cover
3. I bought a DecalGirl "Olga" skin.  Waiting for that to arrive as well
4.  To buy list:  Where would I even begin?  Hmmm  Maeve Binchy has a new book out; The Reader: Maybe Jodi Picoult's new one.  
5. Coinstar?  What's Coinstar?  Do I need it?  I mean I'm sure I need it...
6. Hugh Jackman.... sigh....
7. Hibbing? (see #5)
Educate me oh wise ones!

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
LOL--welcome to the chaos!

(I second the note to stay away from the Accessories area as much as possible, we'll drive you completely over the edge if you hang out there long enough! There should be a warning sticky at the top of that forum.)

Anyway, this is why I always end up spending extra on shipping--Amazon loves me, I almost never take super saver even when I qualify for it. NO PATIENCE AT ALL. I was just on the decalgirl site figuring out what iphone & macbook skins I wanted, and realized that I'd rather put the iphone skin money towards priority shipping for the macbook, because I don't want to wait the extra week! :D

But hey, a few more days & you'll have your new-to-you K1 in your hands. All the waiting irritation will melt away like a bad dream.

Unfortunately, you can only buy Kindle books with a registered Kindle--if the previous owner can provide you with the serial number now, you could register it. Meanwhile, do what I did, go add the Universal Wish List button to your browser tool bar, and start compiling a Kindle wish list of books so you're ready to hit the ground running! http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/get-button

(Yes, you need Coinstar. Coinstar counts your loose change for you & spits back an Amazon gift certificate. LOL http://www.coinstar.com/us/html/a-home)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Actually, can you buy books before your kindle is registered to someone else?  Hmmm.  Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it.  I bought mine from Amazon, so it was registered when it was shipped.  But I bet someone here has an answer.

Coinstar is one of those machines where you can cash in your coins.  A lot of the KB members cash in their coins and get amazon.com gift cards so they can buy their books with those.  Keeps you from putting it straight onto your credit card.  I'm pretty sure the link is coinstar.com, so you can enter your zip code to see if there's a machine near you, and what options you have with the machine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coinstar will give me Amazon Gift Certs!  Groan, now I'll probably start digging in peoples couch cushions and car seats for change.  I see a life of crime ahead...

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Actually, can you buy books before your kindle is registered to someone else? Hmmm. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it. I bought mine from Amazon, so it was registered when it was shipped. But I bet someone here has an answer.
She would need to have the serial number from the former owner. If the Kindle has been shipped, it might be hard to get that info, but the former owner might have it. Doesn't hurt to ask!

Jan, with the serial number, you can register the Kindle and then you can start downloading samples and buying books.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Welcome! To distract you, we'll ask the following questions....answer in any way you see fit (but bonus points for interpretive dance):
1. What books have you already bought?
2. Do you have a cover yet?
2a. Is it Oberon? Or Medge?
2b. If it's Oberon, what style and color?
3. Have you bought a skin (or 5) for it yet?
4. What books are on your to buy list?
5. Are you familiar with coinstar?
6. What about Hugh Jackman?
7. Hibbing? Have you? Would you?
;D
We're glad you're here!
I would add:

8. How do you feel about naming your Kindle? If you are positively inclined towards this, what names are you considering?

1 - 20 of 90 Posts