Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple enough concept:

Author's - post in this thread on your birthday - and let's see if our fellow authors and readers will indulge in our respective works. A modest 10 sales on my birthday would make me smile ear to ear. Give a new author a birthday boost!!

Ratticus: A True Tale from Critter Corner
99 cent short story (approx. 5,700 words)

See what happens when an uninvited "houseguest" moves in and causes havoc in our home. A true life short story that is garnering some great 5-star "laugh out loud" reviews.

Out of 42,799 Kindleboard members - factoring in the time change - inflation rates - price of gas - and it being Tuesday - I would expect at least one sale and three happy birthday wishes.  ;)

Raymond

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
meromana said:
Um, rats totally creep me out, but I will gladly pass on birthday wishes and best wishes for many sales. And I will add that I'm darn glad it's not my birthday YET AGAIN! Had too many of those already, but as my 78 year old dad says, "It beats the alternative."

Happy, happy,
Maria
Thank you Maria,

Very kind of you.

Even as my back creaks and I groan getting out of bed in the morning after chasing the 2 year old all day - I definitely do agree - getting old beats the alternative by a mile!! :D

P.S. Just between you and me ... rats creep me out too!! I am happy to report we finally evicted said unwanted tenant successfully.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
momilp said:
Happy B-Day, Raymond!
Just reading it :)
By the way, how your world domination Tuesday worked out? Or was it Wednesday?
Momilp,

World domination Tuesday was postponed indefinitely due to a lack of interest.

The story got as high as breaking the 5,000 mark (somewhere around 4,952 I think) - before beginning its slow descent back down to oblivion. It was a fun ride while it lasted. :D

Now I just have to carve out the time for some follow up stories and books and I will rescue the world domination plans from the scrap heap.

And thank you for the birthday wishes. I came in to work today to get a few small things done that couldn't wait - but I'm headed home to let my 2 year old rip into my birthday presents!!

Raymond

· Registered
1,432 Posts
Dear Sir,
I am happy to report that, in keeping up with the whole philosophy about learning new things, I now know that retreat is better than electrocution. It could come in handy later on in life  :D

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nell Gavin said:
It's my birthday!!! So, yeah!
Happy Birthday Nell!!

You were born on a good day ... ;D

How was your day?

I left work early, cut down a hedge in front of my house with my new chainsaw, and went out to dinner with my wife and daughter. A very nice birthday!!

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Happy Birthday, Ratslayer!  I already bought Ratticus.  Actually, I had hesitated before because...well...I love rats.  Although I have to admit, I've only been around the pet quality rats.  Street rats might be a different story.

Every time I look at your book cover, I picture the rat dressed up like a gang member, snapping his fingers and whistling the opening tune to West Side Story.  LOL

Happy birthday to you too, Nell.  Hope it was a lovely day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.