Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
foreverjuly said:
Yeah, I already knew. There are a bunch of forums where you really can't do much about it.
Did you send a takedown notice? The site has an email for such. I noticed a LOT of the big six authors out there, too. A lot. Looks like posters are using a site called FileSonic to upload the books. They also have an email for takedowns.

·
Registered
638 Posts
My books have been pirated and while some say it's a compliment, it will get word of mouth going, it is still annoying. For the record, 3 out of my first 4 books were done with DRM, the last one, Yemen, no DRM, yet all got pirated. That's for anyone who wonders how well the DRM works.

And yes, these guys are in Turkey, Russia, etc. and a take down notice will just make them laugh. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

G

·
vrabinec said:
I notified the feds. Not sure they'll go after it, but there have been some big pirating busts of late, so they seem to be going after this stuff with some urgency these days.
THIS.

Like spam, the government can't go after every single con artist. But when they get a certain number of complaints about the same site, they do go after them. If you report it, there is a small chance they will go after the site. If you don't, there is NO chance they will because they won't know about it.

I believe you can report them to Google as well and Google is removing these sites from their search.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No offense to the OP (whose work I have not read) or David Daglish (also pirated on that site, but I've read one of his and liked it) but most of the crap on that website I wouldn't read for free anyway!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Michelle Muto said:
Did you send a takedown notice? The site has an email for such. I noticed a LOT of the big six authors out there, too. A lot. Looks like posters are using a site called FileSonic to upload the books. They also have an email for takedowns.
I find myself sending a take down notice to FileSonic almost on a weekly basis. It's a shame once you send them a notice once, that they'll just put your stuff back up later that day (if submitted, of course...).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts