Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stop cluttering the unconventional crush thread with youtube videos, how about a thread about music?

What do you like? What do you hate? What's your biggest musical guilty pleasure?

Share your favorite song, via youtube!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I like all kinds of music except for Rap. Still listen to a lot of *oldie* especially late 60's to early 70's. I will have to get back with you later with actual songs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's a starter, I'm a huge fan of the one hit wonder band "Marcy Playground". They're best known for their hit Sex and Candy, then they basically dropped off of the face of the earth. I love the vocalist, John Wozniak, however, so I followed the band until they broke.

Here's a couple of my favorites. These might not be to everyone's taste, but they're worth sharing.

Opium

No One's Boy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Jeff Buckley's- Hallelujah

Evanescance's- My Immortal

Bonnie Raitt's -i cant make you love me

Those are the ones right off the top of my head.
 
G

·
God I hate YouTube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I turned a number of people at the last forum I frequented on to the Jeff Buckley.  It is by far my favorite version of this much-covered song, including Leonard Cohen's original.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm no fan of youtube either, but it is a way to embed a song without uploading it to a filesharing site. *Shrug*.

I love that Jeff Buckley song, but as for H.I.M. I'd have to say Buried Alive by Love or Vampire Heart as my favorite. Oh oh! And Prelude to Tragedy (I Love You).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
657 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
God I hate YouTube!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, I turned a number of people at the last forum I frequented on to the Jeff Buckley. It is by far my favorite version of this much-covered song, including Leonard Cohen's original.
Grrr I just noticed that.. I'll edit it and get friendly versions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another favorite.

Elliott Smith - Waltz #2.
 
G

·
chobitz said:
Grrr I just noticed that.. I'll edit it and get friendly versions.
Don't worry about it. I despise YouTube for their refusal to police themselves to prevent entire movies (many not even on DVD yet) being uploaded in 9-minute chunks. The crappy quality of the video and the tiny window are merely minor annoyances. Momentary rant, and not worth bothering yourself over.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,087 Posts
My musical tastes run to instrumentals (I can count the vocal works I like almost on one hand). Primarily, I listen to classical guitar, symphonic works, and almost anything by Chet Atkins or Les Paul.

About the only vocalists I can listen to are Roy Orbison and Mary Ford. And a couple of jazz singers.

How out of step can one person be?  ;D ;D

Mike
 
G

·
jmiked said:
My musical tastes run to instrumentals (I can count the vocal works I like almost on one hand). Primarily, I listen to classical guitar, symphonic works, and almost anything by Chet Atkins or Les Paul.

About the only vocalists I can listen to are Roy Orbison and Mary Ford. And a couple of jazz singers.

How out of step can one person be? ;D ;D

Mike
Wellll....... you might at least be cognizant of Les Paul and Mary Ford's godson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing wrong with instrumentals, I like the works of Bach, Beethoven and Purcell myself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Anything from Dylan's "Blood On The Tracks" album except "Meet Me In The Morning". "Simple Twist Of Fate" is personnaly meaningful and always prompts an emotional reaction.
 
G

·
jmiked said:
Cognizant of, yes. Listen to, no.

Mike
Seriously? You don't listen to Steve Miller at all? Alice Cooper has repeatedly called him the "greatest working guitarist." Given that Alice has worked with and known a lot of folks and he places Miller above people like Page, Clapton, Vai, Van Halen and Emmett, that's pretty high praise.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top