Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to name the top 3 features available to you on Kindle, in other words cool things you can do with the Kindle, what would they be?

·
Registered
6,131 Posts
1.  Being able to purchase a book on the fly when I get bored
2.  Carrying a WHOLE LOT of books in a small device that fits in my purse
3.  ??
Andra

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
1. Carrying all of my books with me.
2. whispernet.
3. ease of operation.
    3.a. the people I've met on kindleboard

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not having a front cover so nobody knows what you are really reading. And you can pretend that it's the same book, not actually the third new one you've gotten that week...

·
Registered
77 Posts
The ability to change text size

Having tons of books to choose from in one little package

Being able to stop reading, answer the phone, and come back to the same page without having to use a bookmark to hold my place.

Not necessarily in that order. :)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I can't put it in order

-hundreds of books one device (that fits in most of my purses)
-WhisperNet
-Not having to print (saves me on printer ink and having to upload my doc to the desktop)

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
1. The ability to be able to buy and read a book instantly without going anywhere.
2. The ability to store an entire library digitally.
3. The ability to increase font size instead of searching the bookstores for large print books.

EDIT: I didn’t copy. I swear. DollCrazy hadn’t posted when I opened the new reply window. Honest.

·
Registered
544 Posts
bosslady said:
Not having a front cover so nobody knows what you are really reading. And you can pretend that it's the same book, not actually the third new one you've gotten that week...
I love this one! I don't even have my Kindle yet but I know this'll be my top reason. Probably. Maybe. :S

·
Registered
921 Posts
Storage - I absolutely adore being able to carry my entire library with me.  I read on average a book a day, and this way I never have to think ahead of time what I'll be in the mood to read next.  I just flip to home, and start looking for something to catch my eye.

Whispernet - Nothing like discovering there's a followup book to the one you just finished and being able to start reading it 90 seconds later!

Dictionary - I love looking up the etymology of uncommon words.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I guess my favorite things would be.... um, uh.... I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M STILL WAITING TO GET IT!!!!!!!!

Sorry - but I feel better now :-[

·
Registered
552 Posts
Whispernet - first and foremost
Ease of use
Font size selection

·
Registered
137 Posts
Almost instant gratification (I don't have Whispernet service but still love being able to download a book to my computer and transfer it to my Kindle in less than a minute);
Adjustable font; and
Bookmarking/highlighting text I want to refer to later (no more post-it notes!!)

Glynnis

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
carrying lots of books at one time

ease of reading

free books or less expensive books

1 - 20 of 51 Posts