Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be going to Germany and Austria next week and I plan to take my kindle to read on the long plane flight. For those of you that travel with your kindles, can you charge it during the flight? I have seen people using their laptops on the plane, so I'm assuming this would this be the same procedure? This will be my first trip taking my kindle on a plane. Any advice ... other than having it fully charged before I leave?

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
You really shouldn't need to charge it on the plane, charge it the night before your flight and you'll be good for almost two weeks, depending on which model you have. Most planes don't have charging ports for laptops except in first class, and finding an adaptor that would work with your kindle is pricey. I flew with mine to South Africa, a 27-hour trip, and had no problem with the charge. It lasted more than 20 days before I charged it.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Like the others said, charge it before you leave and you should be fine for the flight. Make sure the wireless if off, both to conserve power and also because you can't use it on the plane.

While you are in Germany and Austria, you will need an adapter for the plug, but you won't need a converter. I've used my Kindle in Belgium, Germany, France, and Switzerland without any problem.

L

·
Registered
199 Posts
As others have said, you should be set with a full charge. Last fall, I flew from Texas to Hawaii, used it for a few days in Hawaii, flew Hawaii to Japan, used it for a week in Japan, then Japan back to Hawaii. I don't think I charged it during the trip until I got back to Hawaii and wanted to make sure I had a full charge for my return flight to Texas. Unless your Kindle has serious battery drain problems, there should be no need to charge for several days at a minimum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts