Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone in the 25 Random Things post mentioned her Meyers Briggs Type so I decided it was time to ask the question here.

For those who don't know about the Meyers Briggs Personality Inventory, you can go here for more information:
http://www.developandgrow.com/lifecoach/blog/free-on-line-myers-briggs-personality-tests/

Basically, through your answers to a series of questions, it puts you into one of 16 different catergories.

Go here to take a version of the test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

My sister-in-law used to administer it and gave it to the whole family once during a weekend away. For the first time I realized that my husband processed information completely differently from me, which I try to remember when I want to brain him with the skillet.

My type is INFP. I just retook the test and I haven't changed any. What's your type?

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
I'm INTJ.. . I don't remember if that's the same as when I took it in college.  But knowing this isn't that important to me. . .which is probably meaningful in itself. . .:)

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I'm I S F P

don't remember what I was the last time I took this test.  Probably changed having been retired for a number of years.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ann Von Hagel said:
I'm INTJ.. . I don't remember if that's the same as when I took it in college. But knowing this isn't that important to me. . .which is probably meaningful in itself. . .:)

Ann
;D

I don't think of it often, but it really did make me realize that my husband wasn't purposefully not understanding me, LOL! Also, when Peg tested the family, his younger son came out the exact same type, which surprised no one... My sister-in-law mostly administered it to groups which needed team building (specifically in school systems and churches).

Here's a link to a separate set of descriptions.
http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html

I enjoyed reading the one you posted YouKneeK. I wonder how they got the BVM to take the test? ::)

My sister-in-law said people can even test differently at work and at home. The only thing I remember for sure is that I was much more extreme on a couple of the numbers before than I am now.

Betsy

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well this test just doesnt work for me. I was a  ISTP and i should either be an auto mechanic or a firefighter.  ;D

These are the celebrities in my type:

Charles Bronson, Bruce Lee, Meg Ryan, Ronaldo

Okay Meg Ryan i can maybe believe but Bruce Lee and Charles Bronson???  :D

Youd never find one person who thinks im like them.  ;D

This is really funny!!!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Very interesting.  ISFJ.  I was very surprised that it pretty much pegged me.  Even the career indicator.  Nursing is what I did most of my adult life, but I did spend a little time working in special education.  Now to get my husband to take it....

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I hear ya', Lizzy.  Meg Ryan and Charles Bronson seem a little far apart.

I'm like Mother Theresa and Tsar Nicholas II.  There are a couple of polar opposites for you. 

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am an ESFJ. . .  Same as it was 10 years ago.  Famous personalities:  Eleanor Roosevelt, Desi Arnaz  And what, I wonder to Eleanor and Desi have in common?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just read more about my type and i guess i see why they said fire fighter which i could never be but this is what it says.

Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.

This kinda makes sense since i do like living on the edge at times and im not to good with rules and authority and since i dont have much in the way of emotions im good when things are at their worst cause when other people are freaking out im just trying to figure things out and do whats best like in car wrecks and things. Thats me in a way so maybe this test isnt that bad except for some of the famous people were supposed to be like.  :)

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
According to this most recent test my type is now ENTJ which they call a Rational Fieldmarshal. Hillary Clinton, Napoleon, Margret Thatcher, Carl Sagan, Bill Gates, Golda Meir, Edward Teller, George Benard Shaw, and General George C. Marshall are examples of Rational Fieldmarshals.

I think that's milder than the last time I took it when I was equated with Attila the Hun, Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, The Joker and Lex Luther.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I am ENTJ, too! It seems like I would do well as a teacher, which was my original occupation choice before mom demanded that I change my major to nursing....she wasn't going to pay for what my scholarship did. Now I got to show the results. lol.
PS: I love nursing too. Teaching is coming later in life

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd never seen this before, and found it fascinating!  I'm ESFJ, and, for the most part, the description is accurate.  Not all of it, but enough to be convincing.  Glad we didn't go out tonight!
Berni

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The description was pretty good for me.  I didn't pay much attention to the famous people, as except for the most modern people, how would they know?  Some how, I don't think the BVM or Shakespeare took the test.

Betsy

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm ENTJ, too. I took the test about six or seven years ago, along with most of the staff at the company I was at. I just took another test today, and came up as ENTJ again. It's true that I like to organize and streamline everything.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
The description was pretty good for me. I didn't pay much attention to the famous people, as except for the most modern people, how would they know? Some how, I don't think the BVM or Shakespeare took the test.

Betsy
Maybe Shakespeare took the test as Bacon, and that's why we didn't read about it :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
ENTJ...hmmm...this is the same as when I took the test at the beginning of college. That was hmphamph years ago and this could explain why I am still as immature today as I was then. :eek: OK, I am a little more mature, but its good to know that all those years of college and grad school couldn't *kill* my sense of spirit.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts