Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
655 Posts
Well, it's pretty pro looking. But a little dry, and almost looks like non-fiction.

There's also a semi-colon that shouldn't be there in the description. I stopped reading after that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think you should mix up the fonts a bit on the front cover. To be honest I don't like the font to begin with, but I think it would be vastly improved if one or two of the items were changed to a different font (particularly a smoother one).

It also looks a bit sparse to me with all that open space above and below the picture--a bigger image might work better.

jasonzc is right about the semicolon. And "songwriter" is one word. But these might be things that normal readers don't notice...

I really like the musical notes, though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I agree about the font. I don't know if it fits with your picture. Also, the picture should be a bit bigger- it gets lost on the cover. Love the music notes :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
ruecole said:
The plot description sounds fascinating, but I'm afraid I'd skip right past it, because the cover isn't compelling enough to make me click on it.
I completely agree. The description sounds very intriguing, but the cover doesn't convey any of that intrigue. If your book is half as good as your description implies, you deserve a much better cover than this.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not you. I tried changing the image after getting some valuable criticism, but what I did deleted the old image, and the new version won't post. Here's the link.

http://timdanklives.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=975

I do get a little happy with semicolons. And the photo on the cover will be bigger. The photographer and I are going to Stonehenge (in Washington) tomorrow to get new images.

Thanks to all who responded. I'll get better at this.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Vince Dickinson said:
http://timdanklives.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=975

I'd love to know what you think of this tentative cover design for my soon-to-be-published novel.
It would not draw my attention sufficiently to have me click on it for a closer look. Because of your request I have looked at your work and it would possibly interest me. For me your cover does not work. Nor does your blurb. Both need work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts