1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
393 Posts
Love the cover. I'm not a reader of fantasy/YA but I'm assuming it's one of those genres. Would help if you published it in a smaller size and thumbnail so we can get a sense of how it would look on Amazon pages.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jm2019 said:
Love the cover. I'm not a reader of fantasy/YA but I'm assuming it's one of those genres. Would help if you published it in a smaller size and thumbnail so we can get a sense of how it would look on Amazon pages.
Its my book written in lockdown - speculative alternate reality scifi.

I'd love to make it smaller, but I just ran another thread about that and still couldn't figure out how! :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Go to paint, I usually resize it there when I’m posting a cover here. Smaller size will help those who want to share their opinions with ya. But I looked at it with one of my apps, it’s not as efficient as seeing it in thumbnail size, but I think it’s well aligned into the genre. Good job to the designer. One tweak you can do is make her front facing, but that’s just me, mkay? I like covers that stares into my soul, but, like I said, opinion varies. 

·
Registered
577 Posts
It's cool.  On the computer I can just open it in a new tab and it's normal size.  And yeah, I think it looks great.  My only suggestion, and this is a total nitpick, but something about the spaceship image looks off to me.  Maybe if it was slightly higher?  I think that it's in a straight line with the balloon where the other images are offset on the X axis makes it distracting.  Heh, like I said, total nitpick.  The thing looks amazing!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NikOK said:
It's cool. On the computer I can just open it in a new tab and it's normal size. And yeah, I think it looks great. My only suggestion, and this is a total nitpick, but something about the spaceship image looks off to me. Maybe if it was slightly higher? I think that it's in a straight line with the balloon where the other images are offset on the X axis makes it distracting. Heh, like I said, total nitpick. The thing looks amazing!
Actually the space ship is the one thing that's going because it doesn't fit the book. In it's place will go something futuristic.

I can open it up myself on the computer and it's normal size, but to embed it in a message you have to use an app like Imgur, which is where I seem to come unstuck.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Alondo said:
Actually the space ship is the one thing that's going because it doesn't fit the book. In it's place will go something futuristic.

I can open it up myself on the computer and it's normal size, but to embed it in a message you have to use an app like Imgur, which is where I seem to come unstuck.
Blarg...technology! That's great about the space ship thing. I'm sure something else will fit really good. Hope the book does well for you!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NikOK said:
Blarg...technology! That's great about the space ship thing. I'm sure something else will fit really good. Hope the book does well for you!
Cheers guy!

·
Registered
New crime fiction series.
3,523 Posts
Alondo said:
Its my book written in lockdown - speculative alternate reality scifi.

I'd love to make it smaller, but I just ran another thread about that and still couldn't figure out how! :)
Replied over there but here you go...

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rVT6a35.jpg[/IMG]
That tag will generate the size you want...

Great cover, by the way.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
It's very nice except for the photobomb by The Good Ship Everycover which you said you're getting rid of anyway. (Yeah, stock is stock, but this ship and a couple dragons are so pervasive my eye starts to twitch.)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SaltObelisk said:
It looks like an excellent cover to me. I'm thinking... YA steampunk? (I write in that genre myself, btw)
There's definitely a steampunk element, along with alternate worlds, environmental disaster and the evolution of the solar system!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Credit goes to Miblart!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love the cover. One suggestion after looking at the thumbnail - could you add a drop shadow or something to the author name and title. They don't stand out in the smaller size.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
louise8 said:
Love the cover. One suggestion after looking at the thumbnail - could you add a drop shadow or something to the author name and title. They don't stand out in the smaller size.
Thanks, I'll make the suggestion.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
psychotick said:
Hi,

Love it!

Cheers, Greg.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts