Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
She is a hypocrite if she says that while having 13 of her probably duller than ditch water books on the Kindle herself. That booker prize is a prize for nerds. As far as I know not one has ever sold in any quantities after winning that prize. I tried reading several in the past and found they were long winded and repetitive tosh. I shall make a point of not looking for any books from this vitriol filled old troll who I had never heard of until now. I have little time for hypocrites like her.

· Registered
598 Posts
Sarah Woodbury said:
That she doesn't like ebooks is a generational thing, no doubt. My parents and in-laws are in their late 60s and 70s and ebooks just don't feel right to them, even if my parents are considering a Kindle and my father-in-law has an I-Pad (given as a gift). It's the same with all the people who decry the disappearance of handwriting class. Well, I hated handwriting class and I love my Kindle, but I'm a generation later and I grew up with a computer on my desk.

People used to talk about cell phones that way too, and pretty much everyone I know has one now. It's just unfortunate she felt the need to talk about ebooks that way in an interview.
Senile old troll who has just won a meaningless prize!

· Registered
598 Posts
Michael Kingswood said:
Guilty as charged.

I are Engineer. Therefore, I are nerd.

;D
Can we have a name change please Betsy? We would like this forum to be renamed as the nerds cafe.

· Registered
598 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
I am not a nerd. I am a geek. There is a world of difference.

Geeks get sex. Nerds don't.
I'm a geek. What happened to the sex then? You'd better PM me your phone number ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.