Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried to get Amazon to raise the price of their book back up to the book's list price after Amazon has lowered it to zero?

I having the hardest time trying to do just that. My book "What in Hell is up with Heaven?" was lowered to zero when I gave it away on Smashwords. I've raise the price back up on Smashwords to 99 cents days ago, but Amazon has still kept their price at zero.

I've emailed them, but they give me the same ole response, "we reserve the right... blah, blah, blah". Any suggestions (Short of me unpublishing and republishing the book all over again - something I would consider if I thought Amazon was going to take months to change the price)?

·
Registered
268 Posts
In my experience, Amazon does not price match Smashwords. (been trying)  They price match Sony or ibookstore or one of the other premium partners.  When my price changed at BN, it took about 24 hours.  But it can take weeks/months to update on one of the Smashwords partners because it has to go back through premium approval each time.

I listed my essays as free a week ago and they haven't even been shipped to most premium vendors...(you can check on your distribution page) and then for most it takes 2 weeks to update on their site.

This is my personal experience, YMMV.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Yes, Chris it's not Smashwords that you should be concerned about Amazon price matches the other outlets. Look at Kobo and B&N see how much your book is there.

They'll change it back eventually.  ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts