Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm expecting my Kindle today- (so excited!!!) Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew of a basic zip pouch that fits over the Kindle while in its case- I expect I'll want to carry my Kindle with me in my purse everywhere, but I don't want it to get dirty or make friends with the pencils or pens that have a habit of floating towards the bottom of my purse. The only zip cases I saw were the kind that fit over the Kindle while "naked" and I want one that has extra space to accommodate a case.

I apologize if this has been discussed before but I didn't see it anywhere.

·
Registered
15 Posts
A great place to look for FUN cases would be Walmart...in the cosmetic section!  I have found some really cute cases there in rectangular shapes...not for my kindle so I am going to have to go and check them out again to see if "Leopardo" would fit!

I have one I got a few years ago...to carry my Ipod and Nintendo while traveling...it was a cute beige case that had a scene painted on of "Puss n Boots" and some sequins scattered about...!!!  LOVE that case...will have to check tonight if Leopardo fits!

It's such FUN to find things like that in unexpected places!

Happy Kindling!
bb

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
That pouch is being sold on as a Kindle pouch on both eBay and Amazon. I actually purchased it on eBay but then they
were out of stock and issued a refund. I was regretting the purchase, so I was fine was that. I was sure I would find something
I liked better. Though I have not... I even looked earlier today at Walmart at their make up cases but they were either too big or too small.
It is kind of weird size, I guess...

I actually think that my cover will be enough, I carry a purse after all. I just liked the idea of protecting that and a place for my light, etc...

Q

·
0 Posts
The Lightwedge Soft Case, Original will fit Kindle in it's cover. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the lightwedge case, and it's perfect..i have an m-edge cover also and it fits perfectly...you can't beat the price either. i can throw it in a bigger purse and the cover and kindle are nicely protected. i have the neoprene case shown a few posts above for my dell mini and i can tell you it would be too big for the kindle. i don't think you would like it as it would roll around inside that case..

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I think I am going to make a case (or get my friend that sews to make one) I know what I want but just can't find it anywhere.
The Lightwedge looks practical but I hate their name written across the front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
octochick, i hear you on the name going across. i thought the same thing. however, when i received it, it's actually not white lettering, but indented black letters if you understand what i mean without seeing it. so basically, you can't see the writing at all. it's all black. i'm not sure why it's like that in the photo.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought the neoprene one from Ebay and sent it back.  I didn't think it fit that well.  A little to snug.  I have the silicon skin and made adjustments to it and love it!  I like to read without a case, so this is perfect.  I use the original Kindle bookcover for transport and it works just fine.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I have the case Betsy posted (http://www.sfbags.com/products/kindle/kindlecase.htm)
and it's absolutely perfect! It holds the kindle with it's cover on (be careful, there are two, one that fits it and one that doesn't) and it's all I could ever need. It even has a pouch in the back where I keep a paperclip for emergency re-boots. The company is also super, super nice and sent me a hand written thank you with my order. Highly recommended!!!!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I do like that one, just wish it was in some other colors... or cuter materials. I am just built that way  :-\

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I will probably go for one of the cheaper ones because I want to save money for one of the Oberon cases when they come out. I'm not really happy with the case the Kindle came with. Though from what I've been reading that doesn't come as a surprise.  :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
Last week I bought a Belkin F8N082-blk for my Kindle at target in the electronics department. Paid 7.99 for it.  Its a padded black neoprine case that zips up around my Kindle and m-edge cover with about an inch to spare for easy in and out.  I believe the package called it a mini-laptop case.  i think its a great way to protect my Kindle without huge expense.  And with it at target no shipping costs to pay, you can just pick it up when you're buying TP or whatever.

RLA1996

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
This isn't made for the Kindle, it's made for those new little Asus EEE laptops, but it looks like a decent fit. It's going to be about two inches two big.

Kroo 90376 Glove Sleeve with Side Pocket for Asus Eee PC 700/701/900/901 (Red)[br]

Interestingly, it's much cheaper than the Kroo Kindle pouch, which will not fit over the Kindle cover.
Pidgeon, do you have this one? Has anyone else tried it?

How does it compare with this?

$22 + shipping on Ebay

I'm basically looking for a case that will hold the Kindle + cover (original, M-Edge, or whatever I end up with) as well as the charger and whatever else I might need. Of course, it would have to protect the Kindle as well.

I don't want to pay too much though, so the WF bag is out of the question for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was in my local Dollar Store this past weekend, looking for a pouch for my Kindle because I'll be traveling with it and wanted a little extra padding when it's in a suitcase.  I was VERY pleased and suprised to find a wonderful pouch over where they sell small purses.  This is very heavy material, a sort of handmade weave looking pouch with handles and a magnetic snap I usually only see on higher priced products.  The Kindle fits PERFECTLY and you really can't argue with the price - $1.00.    Dollar Stores are everywhere - go browse yours, you might find a perfect case.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Nice looking bag. Thanks for the link.  :) I am using the LightWedge, the price was right at $9.99. It doesn't bother me that it has Lightwedge written across the front. Protects my Kindle, holds my charger & light & I can drop in any purse I am carrying.

Have a happy Kindling day

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
CS said:
Pidgeon, do you have this one? Has anyone else tried it?
Nope, I don't have a pouch for my Kindle, just a cover.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts